Thursday, August 21, 2008

Welcome!

Hello Health students!

Welcome to another year of school here at LLA! To those of you who are returning, welcome back! And for those of you that are new to the school this year, hello and welcome--it's good to have you with us!

For many of you, this class will serve as your introduction to specific health-related topics and issues that apply to your everyday life. As the class progresses through the semester, we will be covering a great deal of information pertaining to individual/personal health, social health, and public/community health. The information is substantial, and it is my goal this year to help you all to see just how important these matters truly are, not just later in life, but right here, and right now.

If you are worried because it sounds like a difficult task, don't stress! This class will be challenging, but keep in mind that you have a great deal of resources to consider! This blog, for example, will play a vital role in your day-to-day studies and is here to help you stay organized along the way. Be sure to check it daily for updates, assignments, and course documents, which will be posted regularly. Infact, you can see the Course Syllabus linked in the column to the right, for example.

Also, to help deal with any questions you may have, feel free to email me anytime and I will respond as soon as I can. Keep in mind that the sooner you email me, the better chance you have of receiving a response in a timely manner. In other words, don't wait until after dark to send me your questions!

I am confident that with some effort, you can all do very well. I look forward to seeing the challenges we face as a health-seeking community together, and I hope you do too.

Welcome to LLA Health, 2008-2009!